Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is color that makes us different???

Think again...
if you think color makes you different from others, then what colors do you think is the best?
Is white is better than black? and vice versa

What appears in your mind when i mentioned about color?

What I meant here is colors that represent race/ tribe..

The Black people (colored) and The White people. Why they are called black or white people? First point - obviously, can be seen through their physical look >>skin pigmentation and secondly maybe because of the status and history..i guess laa

OK just put that aside..

So the reason I posted this entry is because I want to share a poem that is so meaningful especially to those  who are really aware of racism. An innocent voice portrayed by an African kid in a form of a poem..It sounds humorous and has satirical meaning...

I learned that this poem is nominated by UN as the best poem on 2006 but seems like there are people who doubted it since they have heard it somewhere in a lyric of a song around 90s..well i don't care from which source the poem is taken..what I'm trying to emphasize here is the brilliant idea to picture a thought of lifes harshness in such a words..credit to the anonymous..

Let see how's your expression after reading the poem..enjoy~~

When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black
And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me colored :) ??



No comments: